I'm really looking forward to our Amplified Leicester Showcase event on 15th April 2010 at Phoenix Square Digital Media Centre, Leicester.
In 2009/10 Amplified Leicester offered a small group of participants from across the city the chance to:
• Benefit from Leicester's huge diversity of people and cultures
• Generate new ideas quickly
• Think like a futurist and see the bigger picture
• Organise and collaborate better
• Be persuasive in different social situations
• Share and develop creative ideas
• Manage the stream of information which bombards us every day
• Choose the best people to collaborate with
• Make the most of different kinds of resources – social, economic, creative
Every fortnight participants attended inspiring lectures and workshops and in between meetings worked together via Twitter, Facebook and other social media applications. They filmed interviews in their communities and shared the videos online.
On Thursday 15 April 2010 we will showcase their work and expand the
conversation to include the city and beyond. This one day event at the
new Phoenix Square Digital Media Centre
will include practical workshops run by the participants themselves,
presentations of their experimental projects, and talks by the project
team. Keynote speaker, Andrea Saveri, an independent foresight and
strategy consultant based in Berkeley, California, will locate the
Amplified Leicester experience within a global context. Find out more at www.amplifiedleicester.com
Admission is free of charge. Register early to avoid disappointment.