I'm interested in receiving PhD proposals from researchers wishing to work on topics such as:
- Social media
- History of Cyberspace
Much of my supervision takes place within The Institute of Creative Technologies where I also co-supervise transdisciplinary and practice-based projects.
Current PhD students
- Sukai Bojang How New Media and Mobiles can promote Storytelling and Literacy in Community Multi-media Centres especially in Senegal and The Gambia
- Anietie Isong New Writing, New Media: Emerging African Writers and the Internet
- Heather Conboy Creative writing in a computer-mediated learning environment: presence, identity and interaction
- Jason Smith Literature in the 21st Century
- Cassian Vian The Evolution of the Internet Campaign
- Keno Buss Transformation Theory for Massive Data Identification and Structure (2011)(2nd)
- Jess Laccetti Click Lit: Interactivity, Feminism, and Narrative Structures in New Media (2009)(1st)
- Sascha Westendorf Knowledge Engineering for Creativity (2011)(2nd)
Find out more about postgraduate study at De Montfort University here.
If you have a proposal for PhD research and would like to discuss possibilities, please email me.
Here are links to a few websites which will help develop your research skills. If you'd like to recommend a site for inclusion please email me with the details. Thanks to Jo Webb for her useful suggestions.
- A Guide To Writing A Research Proposal For MPhil or PhD
- Practice-Based Research: A Guide
- How to survive your PhD
- Brain Food: How to Eat Smart
- Research 101
- Beyond the PhD
- Graduate Junction
- DMU Researcher Wiki
- Online QDA
- Facebook Graduate Forum
- Your Research Project (2005) Hunt,A. New York: Routledge
- How to get a PhD (2000 - 3rd Ed) Phillips and Pugh , Open University
- The Illustrated Guide to a PhD
- Creative Commons Licence Compatibility Wizards